Index Match Range Names +/- formula

archienz

I'm trying to combine a table of project revenues (from multiple workbooks) for planning with a dynamic control to delay or pull forward (Offset) a project.
The various project workbooks have varying start dates and formats therefore I am using index/match too ensure the matching of the right months (col) and revenue (Row) and for ease in updating in the coming months.

The index match works great until I try to move the projects around by adding or subtracting a number from the col field in the index formula. This works some what (95% correct)

eg. Delay project by 6 months so -6 from the column match to push that project out.

Where I have the issues is where the Col reference comes to Col 0 eg Col Match = June (col 6) less 6 for my offset = Index(Array(xx:XX),Row(0),Col(6)-6)

or =INDEX(Testdata1,MATCH($I72,TestDescription1,0),(MATCH(K$69,TestTimeline1,0)-$J$59))

J59 = offset eg. 6 months/"6"

The answer should error out (Which I want too for an iferror) which is does if I put a 0 however when I use range names in the index match it pulls in another number from within the data set eg col 6 from with in the data set.

Hope I have explained this well enough, no idea how else to get around this at the moment.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jitesh_Sharma

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back