index, small, rows .... problem

MAlhash

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have Similar problem. the first if formula before the OR is working greatly, however after or its not giving me the data which i need.
basically, I have department names in a column, each department have two values separately. for example, if the first value is zero and the second values is 1 for the debarment name, it should return department name. but if both values equal 0 it should not return the department name. so, the condition is if one of the values is =0 return department name, if both 0 do not return, if both numbers return.

for me, the formula is working like the following.
if value 1 contain number and value2 contain zero it will return department name, which is true. however, if value 1 is =0 and value 2 = number it will not return the depatment name, which is wrong. it should return.

=IFERROR(INDEX($C$17:$C$29,SMALL(IF($D$17:$D$29>0,ROW($D$17:$D$29)),ROWS(K$14:K20))-ROW($D$17:$D$17)+1), OR(IFERROR(INDEX($C$17:$C$29,SMALL(IF($E$17:$E$29>0,ROW($E$17:$E$29)),ROWS(K$14:K20))-ROW($E$17:$E$17)+1),"")))

As that is a totally different formula & nothing to do with this thread, you need to start a new thread. Thanks.

Also I am a bloke, not woman. ;)
Oh, I am so sorry my apology sir. I am so embarrassed.

Thank you, I will start new third.

many thanks.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back