Installation of updated Data ribbon?

Jaymond Flurrie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
This might be a stupid question, but how do I update my Excel 2016 so that it has the new "Get & Transform Data" Data ribbon tab instead of the old "Get External data" tab?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Get and Transform is a section on the Ribbon in 2016. I forget if it's on that ribbon or the Data Ribbon. ( I'm at work with 2013 :(, but have 2016 on my personal machine.)

Upvote 0
Yes, in 2016 get and transform is part of the Data tab instead of a separate Power Query tab.

SpillerBD if you think being on 2013 at work is bad I am an 2010 at work.

Upvote 0
Yes, in 2016 get and transform is part of the Data tab instead of a separate Power Query tab.

SpillerBD if you think being on 2013 at work is bad I am an 2010 at work.

What could be worse? A mixed Office environment with 2007, 2010 and 2013 ! Yes, here! :oops:

Upvote 0
I have version 16.0.9029.2253 32-bit and the groups on data tab are "Get External Data", "Get & Transform", "Connections", "Sort & Filter", "Data Tools", "Forecast" and "Outline" while it should be "Get & Transform Data", "Queries & Connections" etc.

Upvote 0
Do you have the standalone version or the subscription version? I have office 365, the subscription, at home not sure if the ribbons are different between the two.

Upvote 0
Do you have the standalone version or the subscription version? I have office 365, the subscription, at home not sure if the ribbons are different between the two.
They are. I forget if it was Mike Girvin or Ken Puls who had a post on that minor difference. The difference is that the O365 subscriber gets the incremental updates.

edit: add, it also could have been Matt Allington or Rob Collie.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They are. I forget if it was Mike Girvin or Ken Puls who had a post on that minor difference. The difference is that the O365 subscriber gets the incremental updates.

edit: add, it also could have been Matt Allington or Rob Collie.

So even if I try to update and there is an update, I can't update?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back