Interleaving Excel and Word Documents for Printing

100Percent

Hello all,

I want to start by saying I'm still fairly new to VBA and proper VBA coding procedures and such. I've pieced together a few things to do what I need to do, but I'm more than open to changing any part of this process to make this work.

Alright, so I've got a workbook. One of the sheets is a master data sheet from which the other sheets draw from. One of these other sheets (we'll call it the "Goals" sheet) has a dropdown menu cell populated with the values in an index column on my master sheet. Changing this dropdown box changes the rest of the Goals sheet to reflect information in the corresponding row in the master sheet.

In addition to this, I have a folder full of word documents (we'll call them the objectives files) that ALSO correspond to the index column from the master sheet. Each objectives file corresponds to one row in the master sheet (the master sheet will never go above 50 or so rows, btw).

My final product is that I want to print a double sided sheet for each row in the master sheet. On the front I want that row's corresponding goal sheet, on the back I want that rows corresponding objectives file.

My previous macro iteration printed all of the objectives files, then instructed the user to put the sheets back in the printer, then printed all of the goal sheets. However, now that we have a printer that actually supports duplex printing, I was hoping to just be able to print it all in one go.

I did some investigation of forcing duplex printing in excel. It seems complicated, but doable. However, what I can't figure out is how to actually get these files into a format that I can duplex print them. Could I export them and merge them together as a pdf?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grifaz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back