Is a dashboard/summary view possible within a book?

egawel72

Hi All,

"Long time listener, first time caller," I have a question that I'm hoping someone will be able to direct me on some best practices or solutions for. I work in marketing and I've been tasked with determining whether or not a dashboard/summary view is possible within our content calendar. Our content calendar is basically an Excel book made up of different tables on about 15 tabs, all of which are text based. We are going to be making some changes to the layout of the calendar to include a weekly reporting type system. For instance, we want to be able to track everything that is happening during the week of May 11 thru 17, May 18 thru 24, and so on, and we will have a column on each tab that will correlate to that week. An example of two of our tabs include an email schedule which lists the date the email is going to be sent, from whom, the topic, subject, list, etc., and a blog schedule which tracks the author, topic, keywords, publish date, etc., basically all text based information. What I need to figure out is how to pull everything within my book that is scheduled for May 11 thru 17, and do it with the change of one option; for this I was thinking I would be able to set up a picklist on my dashboard page that would update/change my formulas on the tab. I appreciate any help I can get from all of you and your willingness to help me in a pinch. If there's something that would provide some clarity on the issue please let me know. Below is an example of what I was visualizing for the dashboard page of the book.

Thanks,

Evan

2m5o7c4.png

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John4520

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back