Is this even possible for data validation lists?

BusyBossLady

I need to know if what I'm wanting to do is even possible. I am trying to make a rotating schedule (4 weeks different schedules each week) for associates in multiple departments at my store. I want to have a data validation list that when I select Department 1 it will pull up all rows of schedule options for that department. I know how to use VLOOKUP to link one row of data to an option in a data validation list, but is it possible to link more that one row to that option?

For example, I would have CSA 1, CSA 2, AND CSA 3. All 3 would be on different 4 week rotations and be listed on individual rows. If I were to select Department 1 from a drop down list, then all scheduling options for that department would appear, if I were to select Department 2 which has say 4 CSAs instead of 3, then their rotation options would appear.

I hope this makes sense. I know this will involve multiple sheets if possible and I am fairly good with excel, but I am confusing myself trying to figure this out.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Hello BusyBossLady ,
Did you try out Match+Index formula?
Could you please provide sample data in excel, will help us to support you on this.
Regards,
Thangavel D

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back