Issue on Power Pivot/Query Automatically Merge Duplicate Data

tksnota

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi,

Is there a way to address the above issue because the sum of the pivot table and the original sheet is always different?

//NT

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Post a sample of your data using XL2BB and a mocked up solution.

Upvote 0
sorry i don't know what is xl2bb and how to use it? can i just show the before and after data via screenshots or there is another option?

Upvote 0
1707822390268.png

1707822777052.png

Table 1 is the original data showing less average and less count compared to Table 2 of power pivot. it is the other way around meaning the power pivot is duplicating the data

Upvote 0
I'm afraid that's all pretty meaningless out of context. Your top data set is clearly filtered on at least one column but we can't see how the pivot table is set up or filtered, or what may be going on in your data model. Any chance you can post the file to a site like onedrive so that we can have a look?

Upvote 0
this screenshot showed the data that power pivot made numerous duplicates of the original date e.g. -40986.67

what do you think i'm doing wrong? btw the other link table in the power pivots are ok so they matched

1707824350732.png

Upvote 0
That duplication wasn't in either of the images you posted before. Again, without context, I can't say why you are seeing that. It usually means something is wrong with your model - either an incorrect measure, or incorrect relationships most commonly.

Upvote 0
can i access the xl2bb because i'm using a company laptop and it is prohibiting me to install any other exe files?

Upvote 0
XL2BB is unlikely to help in this situation as I need to see the actual pivot table and data model. Can you upload it to onedrive or a similar site?

Upvote 0
sure. i had google drive that i can use. please advise what i need to do so you can query my works...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePlop

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back