Keyboard shortcut for Back button

matthunt1984

Hi,

I'm working regularly with a 3rd party excel workbook. It contains many sheets, and at the front, a sort of index, that uses hyperlinks to navigate to the sheets.

I found it quite useful to navigate to a sheet and use 'Back' to get to the index again. I had to 'uncover' the back button by customising the quick access toolbar, and this is now working.

However, it would be even better for me if there was a keyboard shortcut for this. Is anyone able to confirm?

Unfortunately searching for this hasn't given me much luck as 'back' is such a generic word.

I suppose I could assign a macro to this or something? However I work on the same file (or variants of) on a few machines, so would ideally like a machine and workbook independent way of doing this.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Yes you're right!

It seems anything on the quick access toolbar has a keyboard shortcut of Alt+1 to Alt+9

So it may not work on all computers, but any computer I've setup Back on the quick access toolbar, I can run with Alt+4. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBFrieds

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back