Layered Conditional Formatting

Bancell

Good afternoon,

I have developed a dashboard that tracks daily activity for technicians. It's primary purpose is to see what progress is being made throughout the day and this has been working great. However I am now trying to apply some conditional formatting to the results column.

In column "I" I have the total count of calls completed so far for the day. The dashboard refreshes the data from the data base every 30 minutes. What I am attempting to accomplish now is have column "I" high lighted green based on the time of day and the number represented in column "I". For example by 10:00 AM every tech should have completed 1 call. By 11:30, 2 calls, by 1:30, 3 calls and so forth. I have my first conditional rule setup as =AND(NOW()>=TIME(10,0,0),$L$8:$L$20>=1) followed by a formula that reset the cell if cell is not blank. Followed by =AND(NOW()>=TIME(11,30,0),$L$8:$L$20>=2). This continues with a reset formula followed by the next time formula etc...

If I use $L$8:$L$20>=1 nothing highlights. If I use $L$8 and apply it, the cells never reset using rule 2. It should also be mentioned that the total count column is a calculated column using Countif. This may be part of the problem but now sure.

Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnfromHGT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back