Linking Excel Through Email?? Automatic Update?

JustOneQuestion

Is it possible to create a excel sheet and then send it via email in such a way that allows multiple users to access it, but updates to every sheet? I am not sure if that is clear. But I want to have multiple people be able to open the sheet on different computers/locations/times and be able to edit it, but have the edits update to everyone else without having to save the file, and then re-email it to each person and have a large number of different copies.

Really I am shooting for the Excel version of Google Sheets. Where it updates all the time and anyone can be working on it. I know using Google Sheets would be easier, but for a number of reasons, I am trying to make it work with Excel.

I have tried to share the workbook with others, but the edits will not update in any place but the current users file. If I wanted the new edits to get to everyone, I would have to email the file again. Here is how I have saved the sheet and shared it:

Share Workbook -> Update Workbook every 5 minutes -> save -> email -> that person then opens the sheet and makes changes but the changes do not affect my sheet.

I am using Excel 2013, and so are they.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Thanks, I checked it out. There doesn't seem to be and easy fix because Excel is not cloud based. If anyone has more thoughts, let me know. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back