List = hyperlink to view

hro5e

Board Regular
Dear All,

I have a validation that cell A15 is a list, the list contains, 1) Chart 1; 2) Chart 2 & 3) Chart 3.

When i click on chart 2 (for example) i want to view between columns P to Z.
Because chart 2 is located between those columns

When i click on chart 3 i want to view between columns AA to AI an so on.

Please advise.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Instead of using a hyperlink, I think a Worksheet_Change event can be used. This way, every time a new chart is selected in the validation cell, the selected chart will be brought into view. And, instead of "going to" or "viewing" specific columns when a chart has been selected, it might be better to bring the selected chart into view so that the upper left corner of the chart appears in the upper left corner of the window? This way, if necessary, the charts can be moved around within the worksheet without having to modify the code. Or is there some reason why you want to specify the columns? Maybe you have data, in addition to the chart itself, which needs to be viewed as well?

Upvote 0
Instead of using a hyperlink, I think a Worksheet_Change event can be used. This way, every time a new chart is selected in the validation cell, the selected chart will be brought into view. And, instead of "going to" or "viewing" specific columns when a chart has been selected, it might be better to bring the selected chart into view so that the upper left corner of the chart appears in the upper left corner of the window? This way, if necessary, the charts can be moved around within the worksheet without having to modify the code. Or is there some reason why you want to specify the columns? Maybe you have data, in addition to the chart itself, which needs to be viewed as well?

Hi thank you, i think the way you suggested would work, how do i perform this worksheet change?

Upvote 0
Try the following macro, which needs to be placed in the sheet module for the sheet containing the validation cell and charts (right-click the sheet tab, and select 'View Code')...

Code:
[font=Courier New][color=darkblue]Option[/color] [color=darkblue]Explicit[/color]

[color=darkblue]Private[/color] [color=darkblue]Sub[/color] Worksheet_Change([color=darkblue]ByVal[/color] Target [color=darkblue]As[/color] Range)
    [color=darkblue]If[/color] Target.Cells.Count > 1 [color=darkblue]Then[/color] [color=darkblue]Exit[/color] [color=darkblue]Sub[/color]
    [color=darkblue]If[/color] Target.Address <> "$A$15" [color=darkblue]Then[/color] [color=darkblue]Exit[/color] [color=darkblue]Sub[/color]
    [color=darkblue]Dim[/color] ChrtObj [color=darkblue]As[/color] ChartObject
    [color=darkblue]On[/color] [color=darkblue]Error[/color] [color=darkblue]Resume[/color] [color=darkblue]Next[/color]
    [color=darkblue]Set[/color] ChrtObj = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Target.Value)
    [color=darkblue]On[/color] [color=darkblue]Error[/color] [color=darkblue]GoTo[/color] 0
    [color=darkblue]If[/color] [color=darkblue]Not[/color] ChrtObj [color=darkblue]Is[/color] [color=darkblue]Nothing[/color] [color=darkblue]Then[/color]
        Application.Goto reference:=ChrtObj.TopLeftCell, Scroll:=[color=darkblue]True[/color]
    [color=darkblue]Else[/color]
        MsgBox "'" & Target.Value & "' does not exist...", vbExclamation
    [color=darkblue]End[/color] [color=darkblue]If[/color]
End [color=darkblue]Sub[/color]
[/font]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjereza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back