Listbox Colour Control?

Dave Punky

Board Regular
Hi all,

I'm just bouncing for ideas here, but I basically need to find a way of using a ListBox look a bit prettier than it currently does. I am pulling information from an Access database into Excel and I need to display a large volume of information in an easy to read manner - the easiest of which is to change text colour based on the content of the records.

Normally I would use a ListView however the unit I am using does not have MSCOMCTL.OCX activated (and at this stage I cannot get around this). Unfortunately this means I can't use the ImageSet control either to add icons or anything like that to distinguish entries.

I know that the ListBox control doesn't natively have colour control over multiple lines but I was wondering if anyone had any ingenious ideas as to how to distinguish certain entries using a ListBox?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Presuming there is a good reason why you can't use a worksheet, you might be able to adjust Andy's combobox example here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back