Listing out multiple matches from multiple search criteria...??

alexx579

Hi all, I have Report A....it has 4 columns of data, A: Date, B: Rating, C: Type, and D: Finding....with 215 rows of information.
In report B, I have a running list with the same breakdown, but 132 rows of data. In report B, columns A-C have different combinations still contained within Report A, but many repeat themselves. I want to pull in the Findings from Report A (those are all different) even if A-C repeat. I have tried many INDEX/MATCH formulas I saw online, but often it only pulls in the first value. These repeats can occur in different rows in Report B. Can someone help???

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Hi all, I have Report A....it has 4 columns of data, A: Date, B: Rating, C: Type, and D: Finding....with 215 rows of information.
In report B, I have a running list with the same breakdown, but 132 rows of data. In report B, columns A-C have different combinations still contained within Report A, but many repeat themselves. I want to pull in the Findings from Report A (those are all different) even if A-C repeat. I have tried many INDEX/MATCH formulas I saw online, but often it only pulls in the first value. These repeats can occur in different rows in Report B. Can someone help???

try this:

=IFERROR(INDEX('Report A'!$D$2:$D$10,SMALL(IF(('Report A'!$A$2:$A$10=$A2)*('Report A'!$B$2:$B$10=$B2)*('Report A'!$C$2:$C$10=$C2),ROW('Report A'!$D$2:$D$10),""),1)-1),"")&IF(ISERROR(INDEX('Report A'!$D$2:$D$10,SMALL(IF(('Report A'!$A$2:$A$10=$A2)*('Report A'!$B$2:$B$10=$B2)*('Report A'!$C$2:$C$10=$C2),ROW('Report A'!$D$2:$D$10),""),2)-1)),"",", "&INDEX('Report A'!$D$2:$D$10,SMALL(IF(('Report A'!$A$2:$A$10=$A2)*('Report A'!$B$2:$B$10=$B2)*('Report A'!$C$2:$C$10=$C2),ROW('Report A'!$D$2:$D$10),""),2)-1))&IF(ISERROR(INDEX('Report A'!$D$2:$D$10,SMALL(IF(('Report A'!$A$2:$A$10=$A2)*('Report A'!$B$2:$B$10=$B2)*('Report A'!$C$2:$C$10=$C2),ROW('Report A'!$D$2:$D$10),""),3)-1)),"",", "&INDEX('Report A'!$D$2:$D$10,SMALL(IF(('Report A'!$A$2:$A$10=$A2)*('Report A'!$B$2:$B$10=$B2)*('Report A'!$C$2:$C$10=$C2),ROW('Report A'!$D$2:$D$10),""),3)-1)) press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

it can accommodate up to 3 values..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mari_mariou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back