Macro for Printing in Word 2007

username2012

Right folks....Now I have to say that you all seem to be waaaayyy ahead of me when it comes to the wonders of Macros and MS Office, but bear with me here...:) I'm just starting out with Macros in Word....

When printing certain documents, I use the "Print Exceptions" settings, e.g. for a 10 page doc, my general print settings are set to print 3 copies, two-sided, but I also need to print Page 1-2 on Headed Paper one-sided, and maybe Page 3-4 on Headed two-sided, and then the rest as per my generic print settings.

Can anyone tell me if I can create a macro to do this? I have tried a few times using "Record Macro", but it only seems to pick up the Generic Print Settings and not the Exceptions.

Thanks in advance...

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
I don't know what you mean by 'the "Print Exceptions" settings' - maybe that's something that's printer-specific. In any event, it seems to me that what you're describing should be handled via the use of Section breaks and the 'Paper' settings for the page layout. No macro is going to be able to handle your 'maybe' scenarios - every scenario you want it to handle would have to be specifically coded, probably with the use of a userform and whatever code you come up with is liable to work with only that make & model printer. That's because a lot of the settings for these things is printer-specific.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eva146

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back