Macro Issue after upgrading from Excel 2010 to 2016

mikeellinas

Hello. My team uses an Excel form that has a popup calendar. The form was designed in Excel 2010. One of our team members just upgraded to Excel 2016. When she clicks the field, the calendar does not pop up, and she gets an error window stating the following:

excel 2016 could not load some objects because they are not available on this machine

Does anyone know how to remedy this? We have enabled all macros in the trust center settings already.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Sounds like maybe you are missing a Library or an Add-In.

Check which Add-Ins are installed on the 2010 computer and then compare to the 2016 one.

For the VBA Libraries, on the 2010 computer, from VBA, go to Tools -> References and note all the references that are selected.
Then, go the References on the 2016 computer and note if it has similar libraries selected (usually similar name but different version).
If any are missing, check to see if there is a similar one available to select.

Upvote 0
Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. I compared and everything is the same with 3 exceptions:

1) the 2010 version has Microsoft Excel 14.0 Object Library and 2016 has 16.0
2) the 2010 version had Microsoft Office 14.0 Object Library and 2016 has 16.0
3) the 2010 version had Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (SP6) and 2016 has(SP4)

Any thoughts/ideas?

Upvote 0
Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. I compared and everything is the same with 3 exceptions:

1) the 2010 version has Microsoft Excel 14.0 Object Library and 2016 has 16.0
2) the 2010 version had Microsoft Office 14.0 Object Library and 2016 has 16.0
3) the 2010 version had Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (SP6) and 2016 has(SP4)
As long as the name is the same (minus the version number), it usually is all right.

Did you check the Add-Ins?

Not sure which Calendar you are using, but looks like this version should work on both of those Excel versions: http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/addins/datepicker.htm

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I cannot download companion add-ins/software (company policy). Not sure if it helps, but in the VBA, I have frmCalendar which is from ActiveX.

Then I have Module 3 which is:

Sub OpenCalendar()
frmCalendar.Show
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back