Macro object suddenly stops working. ActiveX

adorlytanglao

I have a table it has over 400 rows and 13 colums. Data contains history of equipment being rented to customers. Columns includes Id No., Client name, Clients address, Equipment, equipment type, date rented, date returned, delivery location, invoice no, remarks etc . There is search box, its function is quick search that without pressing enter it will filter the rows automatically containing characters you type on the box. But now it stopped working. Usually i will click the text box field and the blinking cursor will appear but now it doesn't work. I do not remember doing anything with the source code because i have little knowledge about programming in excel. I was trying to search for the forum where i got the code but i cant find it anywhere, it might be on a different website or something. At this point i forgot how to do it again, in my opinion I more of just following instructions instead of understanding every bit of it. For some hopeless reason i just tried inserting a new object, specifically a new text box, but got an error saying cannot insert object. As of this writing i also tried object under Developer>Controls>Form Controls and it work. Hence only ActiveX control objects are not working. And now I have narrowed by troubleshooting into fixing ActiveX. I saw some downloads to update, but I'm afraid it might cause more issues. Please let me know if i missed any details.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
It might be the latest update to MS Excel. Look at this link

Office Update Breaks ActiveX Controls » Bacon Bits

Thank you for the response, i already fixed it be deleting everything on temp folder(I'm not sure it its advisable), that is coming from solution posted through other forums. What i want to know is what caused it and what is actually the permanent fix, or what are things to do or not to do to prevent from this happening again.

Upvote 0
Did you read the link I provided. It was probably caused by the MS update. If that was the case, there is nothing you can do to prevent it from happening again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JazzSingerNL

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back