Macro to Consolidate Data from Various Excel Files

Gaura215

Board Regular
Hello All Excel Gurus

I am not an expert of Macros or VBA, but I think there can be a macro based solution to my problem for sure.

I have to prepare a report every month in which I have to open around 100 spreadsheets which all have exactly same format and worksheets inside them. And go to a particular worksheet and copy the data from Coloum A to Coloum K in a seperate sheet. The seperate sheet will thus have the data from all those 100 worksheets.

Is there a macro solution to this. All my files will be in the same folder every month, for example in C:\Users\g.khanna\Desktop\Spain\Recon\Dec'12\445

Also is it possible that in coloum A of the seperate spreadsheet I will have the name of the spreadsheets from which those information have been gathered. I mean, if data has been copied from excel spreadsheet name "2.2.305", then coloum A must states "2.2.305" in all rows which have been copied from this spreadsheet.

Please let me know if more information is required to prepare a solution to this.

Thanks in advance to all excel gurus.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfhw720

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back