Macro to create hyperlink and open a email message

ArunBalaji

Dear All,

I have a spreadsheet where I have the details of emails received for a day. I save the emails in local drive by creating folder for month and subfolder for days.

Ex:

May2018
and so on...

I store the emails based on the dates and copy the email name to the spreadsheet like...

Reportstatus.msg
Consolidated_summary.msg
samples required.msg

Is there a way with macro where i can create a hyperlink to the email message thereby clicking on the message in the excel opens the message.

Please advise.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi ArunBalaji,

Yes there is a way!

Oh you want me to tell you how to do it, Oh sorry I thought your question was is there a way or is there no way.

OK, joking aside try and record a macro and see what the code looks like. Then simply change the target to look at the path to the file. If the file is “openable” that is a new word I made just right now, by Excel, then it will open the file.

i would suggest that you transfer the emails into text sections on a worksheet in a workbook with named ranges, so that when you click on the hyperlink, it will display that named range (the message) and hides all others.

Also, for sorting purposes, I would suggest you use yyyymmdd format for your folders. Think if you have to do this for multiple years.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back