Macro to open and close another workbook that's password protected

cruyff73

Hi,

I have a number of workbooks (15) for staff that contain stats - these are password protected to the individual.

I have a mastercopy which is linked to these so that I can pull the stats together for me to analyse the team performance. Currently I have to input all the passwords in manually to update the mastercopy.

So...I'm trying to set a VBA so that when I open my workbook it will automatically open and close the individual sheets, entering the password (without prompting) so that it all updates seamlessly. I don't need to update the individual workbooks in any way, just need to open for to allow for the pulling of information. The individual sheets will more than likely be open at the same time so I would probably get the "in use" alert which I would want to ignore and allow read only.

For info the an example file path is "M:\CCB\FRK\FR1\[Paul Dyson.xlsx]"

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
(Couldn't find an edit post option)....I should add that I don't actually need the individual workbooks to open due to the links being in place I just need to be able to pull the info.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back