Macro to set a spreadsheet restore point?

BBrandt

Board Regular
I'm working with a spreadsheet that contains a large number of user inputs that are all either blank or set at a default starting value when the spreadsheet is opened. When the user is done inputting data, they click a button and a macro generates a table's worth of results/outputs for them. After this has happened, I would like there to be a button that gives the user the option to restore the spreadsheet to its original form with, sort of like setting the initial condition of the spreadsheet as a restore point. Is this possible? If so, what would be the best way of accomplishing this? Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I would

- get your macro to copy the original sheet (maybe as a hidden sheet)

- get the Restore button to delete the altered sheet, unhide the hidden copy and rename with the name of the original sheet.

Upvote 0
The trouble with that is that there are a ton of specifically labeled cells which need to retain their labels in order for other parts of the workbook and some of the macros to function properly. Since copying like that would not keep these labels, I don't think would quite work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerifiedBleachersAttendee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back