Macro/VBA Questions:

reneev

Board Regular
1) Uncheck boxes with Macro Button - I have created a form in Excel which when protected, users can tab through and fill out either by typing, drop down boxes or checking a box. I created a macro button to "Clear Form" but the only thing it won't clear are the check boxes even though I've unchecked them while recording the macro. I'm using the legacy check boxes if that matters

2) Once I've created the macro, I cannot go back in and edit or delete it. I get an error: "Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the workbook using the Unhide command" Except, I don't have any hidden workbooks! I'm having to recreate the entire macro if I need to edit it.

3) I need this macro to be able to be run by different people on their own computers.

I'm not very experienced in VBA or Macros.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Press Alt-F11 to open the VBA editor. From the menu select Insert > Module. On the sheet that opens, paste the code.

On your sheet, press right mouse button on your button, select the option Assign macro:

excel-macro-assign.gif

In the next window. In the Macros in field, select Thisworkbook
In the panel select your macro and press OK.

Note: (the images only contain examples, you must use the actual data of your book)

FormsButtonAssignMacro.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back