macros problems within excel 2007

ebonneau

Hi, i'm working in excel 2007 with a workbook that contains macros that is used by an other workbook.

This macroed workbook is in the XLstart folder. It is opened at startup of excel in a hidden window. The unhidden workbook is where i call the macros from the hidden workbook in the xlstart folder.

Every macros work well but the PROBLEM is that sometimes the macroed XLS file gets in error and they are deactivated by the program. I know how to re-activate them but i can't find a solution tu avoid getting in error. Could somebody give me some hints?

By the way, I don't know what is the cause of the error because everythings was working well on excel 2003 but i need to upgrade to 2007 without having these errors

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Welcome to the Board!

What's the error?

Without specifics it's gonna' be hard to point you in the right direction.

Upvote 0
That is the problem, the error is not clear to me neither. Let me tell you as much as I can.

This does not occur at each time the excel application opens but some times to times excel deactivate my hidden workbook containing macros and the only cue I have is when I go in excel option then add-in section then get deactivated elements, I can see my workbook containing the macros and it is written as information :

"Elements listed below have been deactivated because they prevent excel of working properly"

(Note, it is a traduction of my french version of office 2007)

That's all I got! The macroed.xls file is still in the xlStart folder even when deactivated and when I reactivate it within excel, I need to restard the application in order to take account of these changes. After reactivating the add-in (xls hidden workbook) I may use it until it gets again deactivated. The occurence is between 4 to 10 times opening a workbook without getting this error.. didn't really count how much time, maybe I should!

Hope I gave you enough to give me a cue or the solution

Thx rick!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back