Macros working only when workbook is not shared

OfficeUser

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a user who recently had to have MS Office reinstalled. Since then, he cannot run macros in the workbook which he used daily up until the reinstall. If I unshare the workbook, then he can run everything as before. I have checked add-ins and macro settings, but am stumped otherwise. An ideas on where I should look to figure out what is different? Thanks for your help!!

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Shared workbooks have certain limitations using macros... If you Google something like "excel vba shared workbook limitations", you can find a slew of information on this subject...

Upvote 0
I have been reading a lot about this recently. The oddity is that this worked perfectly fine on the the same computer before the reinstall of Excel, same version, which makes no sense to me. I keep thinking it has to be an add-in but everything is installed as before.

Upvote 0
I presume that you have checked things like whether macros are enabled or whether the file location or the file itself is "trusted".

Did the computer also get a different version of Windows installed?

Are the macros in the shared workbook itself or in an Add-In or elsewhere?

What was the old Office version? .. and the new one?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I did check to ensure macros are enabled, and the file is trusted, we removed it from the trusted status and trusted it upon reopening. Windows remains the same, and was not reinstalled. Macros are in the shared workbook. This shared workbook is used across seven computers all which are able to run it without cause for concern, with the exception being this one recently. Office version is 2010, old and new. I wonder if its an Office Update that needs to be reinstalled...? All good questions / thoughts. thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back