Making a sign based on critera entered in excel. - Is This Possible

Ichokuchi

Hello,

We have a form that our buyers use to fill in data that we then save a .csv and import it into indesign and create a sign based off the entered criteria, everything goes to where it should yada yada. I want to know if its possible based on the entered criteria to show a sample sign to the user when creating so they know what it will end up looking like before having to submit and then wait for us to process and send a sample.

if any more information is needed or anything to help me with this please let me know. at first I thought it wasnt even possible but then I was reading on making posters with excel so I think it would be possible.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Excel has only limited graphics capability. You could possibly use the preformed shapes with text frames to build a sign example. But the quality would not be as good as using a graphics application to do it. I would recommend looking for a different application than Excel (Possibly Power Point) to do what you are describing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well everything is already set up in excel except the actual preview of a sign. the real sign will still be made the same way but it would be nice to have a rough draft preview of the sign people can see.

Upvote 0
Well everything is already set up in excel except the actual preview of a sign. the real sign will still be made the same way but it would be nice to have a rough draft preview of the sign people can see.

As I previouly stated, the built in shapes in conjunction with text frames or text boxes could be used to display a model of your sign. It is a matter of taking the specs from your user input to your form and applying them to the shapes, using built in Excel tools. Just don't expect precision dimensions or precise color hues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back