Mandatory Cells before leaving sheet

Leis_B

Hi! Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I just can't seem to find anything that suits my purpose.

What I need to do, is check that a range of cells have a value entered before they can move off the sheet, using the button (I realise they can just move between sheets using the tabs). I've come up with this and it works, but when testing it and going back and removing the values, it won't activate the msgbox. What am I doing wrong?

Sub Mandatory1()
With Sheets("FORM_SCHEDNEWHIRE")
If IsEmpty(.Range("F5,F7,F9,F11,F13,F15,F17,F19,F21,F23,F25,F27,F31,F33,F35,F37")) Then
MsgBox "Please ensure you have answered all of the questions before moving on.", vbCritical
Application.Goto .Range("F5,F7,F9,F11,F13,F15,F17,F19,F21,F23,F25,F27,F31,F33,F35,F37")
Else
Sheets("FORM_BANK_SUPER").Select
Range("F6:I6").Activate
End If
End With
End Sub

Thanks in advance.

Thanks heaps for this JoeMo

"FORM_SCHEDNEWHIRE" - cells: F9,F11,F13,F15,F17,F19,F23,F25,F27,F31,F33,F35,F37
"FORM_BANK_SUPER" - cells: F6,F8,F10
"FORM_TAX" cells: F8
"FORM_EXTRA" - cells E47,E49,E51,F53,E55,E57,E59,F61

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
This code is for a Thisworkbook module. It will clear the cells you listed on the worksheets youlisted when a user first opens the workbook. Note: I assumed for sheet "FORM_EXTRA" your F53 was a typo and replaced it with E53.

To install ThisWorkbook code:
1. With your workbook active press Alt and F11 keys. This will open the VBE window.
2. In the project tree on the left of the VBE window, find your project and double-click the 'Thisworkbook' icon.
3. Copy the code below from your browser window and paste it into the white space in the VBE window.
4. Close the VBE window and Save the workbook. If you are using Excel 2007 or a later version do a SaveAs and save it as a macro-enabled workbook (.xlsm file extension).
5. Make sure you have enabled macros whenever you open the file or the code will not run.
Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim sht As Worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each sht In Worksheets(Array("FORM_SCHEDNEWHIRE", "FORM_BANK_SUPER", "FORM_TAX", "FORM_EXTRA"))
    Select Case sht.Name
        Case "FORM_SCHEDNEWHIRE": sht.Range("F5,F7,F9,F11,F13,F15,F17,F19,F21,F23,F25,F27,F31,F33,F35,F37").ClearContents
        Case "FORM_BANK_SUPER": sht.Range("F6,F8,F10").ClearContents
        Case "FORM_TAX": sht.Range("F8").ClearContents
        Case "FORM_EXTRA": sht.Range("E47,E49,E51,E53,E55,E57,E59,F61").ClearContents
    End Select
Next sht
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thanks Joe. The cells I have are merged cells, so the coding you sent isn't working. (my apologies, I probably should have mentioned this before).

I was thinking that can I have the coding in each sheet looking at a cell and inserting an if statement for any value in that cell, that would then trigger the mandatory cell code?

But have no idea where or how i'd start that....

Thanks again for all your assistance, I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Thanks Joe. The cells I have are merged cells, so the coding you sent isn't working. (my apologies, I probably should have mentioned this before).

I was thinking that can I have the coding in each sheet looking at a cell and inserting an if statement for any value in that cell, that would then trigger the mandatory cell code?

But have no idea where or how i'd start that....

Thanks again for all your assistance, I really appreciate it.
Did you try, in the code from post #12 , changing the addresses you gave me in post #11 to the merged cell addresses?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suz0718

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back