Measure Help, PowerPivot

Craigc3814

Board Regular
I did not realize Power Pivot had been added back to Microsoft Office, thank you to Power Geek for pointing that out!!

I have 2 tables of data I cleaned with PQ one that looks into a network folder and creates an average of 12 different columns of data that I have. There are approx. 300 rows of data that are identified by the name of the asset. The columns involve how many times something within an asset started and then a column for how long it ran. Each asset has 6 components so 12 total columns of data there starts and runtime for each component.

I then have another table that goes in and looks at only the most recent file within the folder.

What I want to do is look and see which asset components are starting longer than usual, or running longer than usual. So really just a 1 to 1 comparison by asset from the most recent file to the average file.

If an asset started or ran way more than average it is usually a good indicator that the asset need maintenance.

I am very comfortable writing Excel formulas but DAX is brand new to me, I have only learned M to this point.

Basically I want an If formula that says if Asset Component 1 has ran more today than average flag it, if Asset Component 1 runtime is larger than average flag it. So on and So on.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moaz_cma

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back