Message box macro not working

SCOTTWHITTAKER2333

I have a macro for a new wt. form that I want to display a message if a range is below a negative value of another cell. But I can't seem to get it to work. I think the problem is in the part that I highlighted in red below. This is what I have:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)

'
' hold box Macro
' Macro recorded 5/28/2010 by SCOTT.WHITTAKER
'
'
If (Range("F50:Y68").Value < 0 - Range("H14")) Then
MsgBox "Product has failed Individual Weights, All product must be held from last acceptable check until next acceptable check. Please click the remove button for the affected Group to remove the affected check from the final average."

End If
End Sub

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
I don't know but maybe Range("F50:Y68") should be Target. Applying the Value property to a multicell range doesn't make a lot of sense.

Upvote 0
So shoud I list each Cell seperatly? Boy I hope not that would take forever. And I'm not really all the great with macros in the first place. Basicly I need the message box to display whenever data is enter in the range that is less than the value of H14 as a negative.

Upvote 0
So i'm sure that I'm just doing this correctly but I reworte it like this but its still not working:

Target = Range("F50:Y68")
If (Target < 0 - Range("H14")) Then
MsgBox "Product has failed Individual Weights, All product must be held from last acceptable check until next acceptable check"
End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
I'm confused by "if a range is below a negative value of another cell", but Target (the cell that has changed) is passed to the procedure as an argument. For a simple test try:

Code:
    If Application.Intersect(Target, Range("F50:Y68")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    If (Target.Value < Range("H14").Value) Then
        MsgBox "Product has failed Individual Weights, All product must be held from last acceptable check until next acceptable check"
    End If
End Sub

The code belongs in the module for ThisWorkbook.

Upvote 0
That is almost perfect :) except it is not happening when data is entered.
Oh the thing with cell H14 an a negative is just that I need the cell to be positive for some other formulas so I was trying to say 0-H14. Anyway I can get around that part. I think the _worksheetchange is the part that need to change but I tried _sheetselectionchange and it said that the:

If (Target.Value < Range("H14").Value) Then

part was causing a runtime error13 "type mismatch"
Also I need it to work only once for each cell in the range.
Thanks you have already been a huge help!

Upvote 0
I tested the code before posting and it fired if I changed a cell in the range F50:Y68 (on any worksheet in the workbook). What's in H14 that could be causing a type mismatch?

Upvote 0
AaaHaa thats the problem. When data is entered into my spreadsheet the data is actually entered into a different column and formulas in the range f50:y68 take the target wt and tare wt out calculate the amount over or under. As for h14 it is a formula that displays the max lower limit based on data entered into o21 and p21 about the target wt and measurement type like "lbs" or "oz". Oh by the way, GOOD LORD!! 0337AM ? When do you sleep?:confused: So Anyways I'm not sure witch way to go now but i also tried _calculate and couldn't that to work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KWeekley08

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back