message box when criteria met

Luis.Luzia

Hi,
I need help with a message box, I´m triyng to get a message box to pop up if value on range(b1:b3) is = 2, but this message box would show the values on colunm A instead. In the example bellow the message would pop up with the names Bob and Rob, I have found a code online but this would give me the message in separed message boxes one message Bob and only I press Ok it would pop up with the message Rob.
I need this to work in one single message box as the range can go up to 500, and I don´t want 500 message boex poping up.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 144pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=192 border=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=2 width=64><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 height=20></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>A</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>B</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=20>1</TD><TD class=xl64 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">John</TD><TD class=xl64 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>1</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=20>2</TD><TD class=xl64 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Bob</TD><TD class=xl64 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=20>3</TD><TD class=xl64 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Rob</TD><TD class=xl64 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks in advanced

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I found the following code on the internet

Code:
Sub CHECK_NS()
    For MY_ROWS = 1 To Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row
        If Left(Range("B" & MY_ROWS), 4) = "2" Then
            MY_TEXT = MY_TEXT & "A" & MY_ROWS & ", "
        End If
    Next MY_ROWS
    If MY_TEXT <> "" Then
        MsgBox "Please Check " & Left(MY_TEXT, Len(MY_TEXT)) & " ASAP."
    End If
End Sub

but this gives me A2,A3 and If possible I wanted to get Bob,Rob
please help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back