Microsoft Access

mactoolsix

Board Regular
I have used Excel 2010 for years - does everything I need. I have hundreds of excel 2010 spreadsheets.
Brought home a file from work to troubleshoot - work uses Excel 2016.
Now all my excel sheets have been "disabled" by Microsoft. They want me to purchase MS 2016.
I've tried entering the 2010 product key, which I've done before, but MS says it's not valid (for 2016) and now all my workbooks are disabled.

Any solutions, or must I purchase new 2016 excel???

Last edited:

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Not heard of that before, installing 2016 does uninstall earlier versions

Upvote 0
could it be that there are formulas on the spreadsheet that your system just doesn't recognise

Upvote 0
I actually created the spreadsheet on my home computer (Excel 2010), then we use it at work (Excel 2016 or maybe 365?) Now I bring it back home to do some tweaking and everything is disabled.

Upvote 0
Last thing I can think of, if it will operate as such have you tried file savas .xls see if you can work with it then?

Upvote 0
I can't even "save" any excel files!

However, I do have one 2010 file open. It has been opened for several days. If I go to File > Recent and open another 2010 file, I can work with it - edit, save etc. So as long as I never close that file I'll be able to access all my other workbooks. But then a windows update will close everything and I'm out of luck again!!

Upvote 0
If you do all this work for work then unless you are the boss, explain they need to pay for your upgrade so you can continue

Upvote 0
I actually created the spreadsheet on my home computer (Excel 2010), then we use it at work (Excel 2016 or maybe 365?) Now I bring it back home to do some tweaking and everything is disabled.

Was it recompiles at work, maybe the references changed, also when 2016 fails to do what it should, is the application registered, test versions have 30 days before stopping

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelfromGermany

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back