Microsoft Excel Stops working (Macro)

Pobek

Board Regular
I have this extensive and huge model that has run multiple times without issues (macro runs). Every so often it crashes stating
"Microsoft excel has stopped working, windows can check online for a solution and recover your information".

The last time I experienced this, a solution was to start a new xls and copy old code over. This is NOT an option in this case as this model has a really long code and 100s of labelled cells it relates to. I NEED A SILVER BULLET!!!! Fortunately my research took me to this:

"his is probably caused by a bug in the December updates from Microsoft. If you close all of Office and delete all from your user Temp folder that is not in use, the problem should go away.
The user temp folder can be easily accessed by entering

%appdata%\..\Local\Temp

in the Windows Explorer address bar.

Windows will replace anything it needs in the temp folder next time it is run."

My question is HOW DO I KNOW WHICH FILES IN THIS FOLDER ARE USEFUL??? .... Anybody? Even if its a totally different silver bullet...I am all ears. This is very urgent. Thanks

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I occasionally will get this crash too. Its still a mystery but something is there Excel dont like.
Have you compiled the code? (in vbe (alt-F11), menu,debug, compile project) Clear of errors?

Are you on a 64 bit operating system ?
what version is Excel , is it 64bit or 32? (excel menu, FILE, account, about button)
Some mixed versions 64bit OS and 32bit Excel can be buggy.

Have you tried running the code on another PC? Ive seen it fail on 1 pc ,but work on another.

Upvote 0
I occasionally will get this crash too. Its still a mystery but something is there Excel dont like.
Have you compiled the code? (in vbe (alt-F11), menu,debug, compile project) Clear of errors?

Are you on a 64 bit operating system ?
what version is Excel , is it 64bit or 32? (excel menu, FILE, account, about button)
Some mixed versions 64bit OS and 32bit Excel can be buggy.

Have you tried running the code on another PC? Ive seen it fail on 1 pc ,but work on another.

Hi, I have a 32 bit Excel 2013.

I have not tried compiling the project... I was under the assumption all codes are compiled before runs are executed anyway?
How do you "Clear of errors?"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
punka6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back