Modify data points on scatter graph

tiffanylee422

Is it possible to modify the data points on a scatter graph so that the size of the data point is relative to the number of items at that data point?

Here's what I'm trying to achieve...
I have price data for 4 separate retailers in a certain category (lets say batteries for example). Each retailer carries a different selection of batteries at varying price points. I want to see the price range for each retailer, the individual price points, and the number of items at each price. I've been using a scatter graph that looks something like this (see below). The problem is that I haven't been able to figure out a way to include the number of items at each price point. I'd like the size of the data point to be larger when a retailer has multiple items at a single price. Is there a way for that to happen without manually resizing each data point myself?

In the graph below, each retailer has a separate price ladder where I can see the Opening Price Point and Max price. However, retailer #1 has 5 items priced at $45, so I'd like the "X" at that data point to be 5 times larger. Similarly, Retailer #4 (green line) has a multiple items at the $89 price point, so I'd like the triangle at that point to be larger.

Steve=True

Hi,

have you considered a bubble chart?

be aware though that the size of the bubbles may not exactly represent the size change from what you have in your list.

Steve=True

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
champchamp

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...