Most improved player every week

adatom

Hello again, this message board was so useful last time I decided to try again. I want to add a feature to my Golf Program's Dashboard that pulls in the top three most improved golfers each week.

The formula would have to reference a cell that has which week it is while referencing the scores for that week and then compare the difference of the current and previous weeks while returning a name. Then use vlookup again to lookup the name and bring in the +# better than last week.

For example:

Say week reference cell is D3. The player names are in cells AL42:AL94 with each weeks score starting in column AM and end at column BC.

This formula would make my Dashboard complete and could really use a hand.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
This will rank the top 3 players
Excel Workbook
ABC
1WEEK3
2PlayersDifferenceRank
3Adam41
4Chris32
5Bob23
Dashboard

I appreciate the dedication to finding an answer. I have each week sorted the following way:

Rank Name Chg

The top three are ranked in order and I even left an additional column next to rank in case i needed to insert which week it was in each row.

PROBLEM: I dont see any reference in your spreadsheet to which week it is and therefore, how does the formula change in relation to the week.

I want it to search out the week, and then input the top three on the Dashboard.

Upvote 0
Cell B3 triggers the week. Only if you use the other formulas that I set up for you previously.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back