Move picture to bottom right of screen

gdurham

Hi,

I am really struggling to figure out how to move a picture to the bottom left of the windows screen in VBA.

Would love it if someone could provide some insight (would also love to know if it is possible to keep it there (even if user scrolls or zooms the screen).

Thanks,

Geoff.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
You could insert a image in the top left corner of the screen and then click in the cell below your image and then choose Freeze Panes from the view menu.
I see no way to do the same thing from the bottom right.

Upvote 0
Thanks but I already have freeze panes and this picture won't fit. I have an icon that runs a macro that makes the picture appear in the body of the worksheet and now just want it positioned in the bottom right of the screen so it can be read but not intrude on the sheet contents (it is a help guide). I was looking at using screen/zoom resolution details to define the picture Left & Top attributes so it sits in the correct location and then maybe using the Worksheet_SelectionChange event to make sure it stays there.

Below is a few of the things I have tried with little success:

Sub AssessmentGuideBotttomLeft()
'MsgBox (Application.ActiveWindow.Width)
ActiveSheet.Shapes("AssessmentGuide").Left = 1800 'Application.ActiveWindow.Width + ActiveSheet.Shapes("AssessmentGuide").Width

'ActiveSheet.Shapes("AssessmentGuide").Top = .Top + .Height
' ActiveSheet.Shapes("AssessmentGuide").RelativeHorizontalPosition = wdRelativeHorizontalPositionRightMarginArea
' ActiveSheet.Shapes("AssessmentGuide").RelativeVerticalPosition = wdRelativeVerticalPositionBottomMarginArea
'ActiveDocument.Shapes(1).RelativeHorizontalPosition = wdRelativeHorizontalPositionRightMarginArea
'ActiveDocument.Shapes(1).RelativeVerticalPosition = wdRelativeVerticalPositionBottomMarginArea

End Sub

Upvote 0
Not sure what you mean:
Thanks but I already have freeze panes and this picture won't fit

You can freeze as big an area as you want.
Have you considered putting a picture in the "Background"
See Page layout Menu "Background"

Upvote 0
Thanks "My aswer is This" .

The freeze pane at the top already has content and I need it to be relatively small in height so the content pane has enough real estate to see the necessary data.

Good Idea with the background but i tried it and it doesn't line up with where I want it and zooming messes it up even more.

This is frustrating as it the last piece in the puzzle for this model I am developing.

Upvote 0
I have another plan.
Create yourself a UserForm.
In the edit mode click on the UserForm and in the properties window choose image and select your image
Then launch the UserForm such as
UserForm1.Show False
Then position the UserForm where you want it.
With this UserForm launched as "False" you can work on the sheet with the UserForm sitting in the same position even as you scroll.
If this works for you we could have a script even position it for you at launch

Upvote 0
My UserForm solution works perfect for me. You said this image was a : it is a help guide.
So you could just put text on the UserForm and not need an image. Make the form as small as you want.
Check this ideal out if you need help making a UserForm let me know.
I'll send you a script to auto position the Form where you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HockeyBoi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back