Move rows to another sheet based on criteria and rename sheet based on data

Matheson843

Hi

The code posted by texaslynn in the link below works perfectly for the beginning of what I'm trying to do. However, I already have a tab with a name that matches one of the data names in the column that is being broken out. When the macro runs, the already created tab is overwritten with the data that is being broken out from the selected column.

My question: Is there a way to break out data based on what is in column "A". While naming the new sheet the same as the data but with a variant such as (2) or (a) at the end of the name.

Example: I already have a tab for "Ford" however I am trying to break out the data into new sheets based on column A "Cars." When I run your macro the pre-existing "Ford" tab is overwritten by the data broken out from column A "Cars." I would like to be able to break the data in column A "Cars" into tabs such as "Ford(a)" or "Ford(2)" so that the data doesn't overwrite. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!!!

Here is a link to the similiar post: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...s-move-rows-another-sheet-based-criteria.html
Cars
Price
Year
Color
Ford
Blue
Chevy
Green
Ferrari
Red
Nissan
Red
Toyota
Black
Honda
White

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
I have tested this code, I am not the creator but I have only adjusted it to add the number 1 to each sheet it creates based on the vehicle name, the code came from this website: How to split data into multiple worksheets based on column in Excel?

Sub parse_data()
Dim lr As Long
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim vcol, i As Integer
Dim icol As Long
Dim myarr As Variant
Dim title As String
Dim titlerow As Integer
vcol = 1
Set ws = Sheets("Master")
lr = ws.Cells(ws.Rows.Count, vcol).End(xlUp).Row
title = "A1:D1"
titlerow = ws.Range(title).Cells(1).Row
icol = ws.Columns.Count
ws.Cells(1, icol) = "Unique"
For i = 2 To lr
On Error Resume Next
If ws.Cells(i, vcol) <> "" And Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(ws.Cells(i, vcol), ws.Columns(icol), 0) = 0 Then
ws.Cells(ws.Rows.Count, icol).End(xlUp).Offset(1) = ws.Cells(i, vcol)
End If
Next
myarr = Application.WorksheetFunction.Transpose(ws.Columns(icol).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants))
ws.Columns(icol).Clear
For i = 2 To UBound(myarr)
ws.Range(title).AutoFilter field:=vcol, Criteria1:=myarr(i) & ""
If Not Evaluate("=ISREF('" & myarr(i) & "'!A1)") Then Sheets.Add(after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)).Name = myarr(i) & "" & "1" Else Sheets(myarr(i) & "").Move after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)

ws.Range("A" & titlerow & ":A" & lr).EntireRow.Copy Sheets(myarr(i) & "").Range("A1")
Sheets(myarr(i) & "").Columns.AutoFit
Next
ws.AutoFilterMode = False
ws.Activate
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thanks!! I didn't use the full code but parts of it helped to manipulate texaslynns original code to breakout the projects by #. This was a huge help though, thanks!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back