Movie Times

fader5

I would like to catalog my home movies. I need a formula that would make it easy to:

1. Input Time [Hour Minutes Seconds]
without using ":" because I mostly use the number keypad for inputting. Maybe using the period "." as 1.38.24 = One hour, thirty-eight minutes and twenty-four seconds

2 Then Calculate the length

I'm open to any ideas

I also use Access and wouldn't mind that option as a database that would help in identifying scenes / subjects.

Thanks
Bill

Norie

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Bill

Why don't you use Access?

With that you should be able to set up an input mask which will allow you to enter the time as you want.

You could do something in Excel to allow entering the time with just the number keypad, but it would involve code and might be a bit convoluted.:)

Lord Bowler

There is an open source program called "Personal Video Database" that will do whatever you want. The program is referred as PVD.

It has many, many plug-ins available. It can export the database to .csv, .xml and can generate a website. It will also collect data from other sites like Amazon and IMDB to get the cast, alternate titles, imdb ratings, etc...

This has many, many features and constantly has updates.

I used to use Excel as my movie catalog. You can also import a spreadsheet into the PVD and then lookup all the titles against IMDB, all you need is the Movie title and Year. If two are found, it prompts you which you mean.

http://www.videodb.info/forum_en/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fchel

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics