Moving Cell Value

karlitob

So let me explain.

I have a table with months along the top row, a product in cell A2, and each month I have new data
Jan = 20%
Feb = 30%
Mar = 40%
Apr = 32%
etc

I have a different cell on another worksheet in the workbook that I want to automatically put in the latest value in the year.

So for example, when I put in May's data into the table above, I want this cell to automatically update to May.

Is this possible? Appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
So you have an entry table (Table A) with January - December and a display table (Table B) that also contains January - December and when you update Table A you want Table B to update? If this is the case then in the Table B cell that you want to update type "=" and then navigate to the corresponding cell on Table A and click it and then press enter. If this is not what you're looking for can you please provide more information?

Upvote 0
Hi.

Thanks for reply.

Not quite. I have an entry table where each month represents Year To Date. Jan is Jan. Feb is Jan + Feb. March is Jan + Feb + Mar. At the moment, I’ve nothing in for April but naturally that will change as the year progresses.

What I want is a reference cell that always shows the latest month without me having to change the reference from = Mar to = Apr etc.

Hope that makes sense.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back