Moving Complete Rows Based On Cell Value In Column D

marwood

Hi All,
I am trying to complete a parts ordering system for work with my limited excel knowledge.
I currently have 15 worksheets with various names & each sheet has 5 x columns: A=Item B=Description C=Cost D=Order E=Total.
What I need to happen is when a quantity is entered into Column D, that the complete row with the value added is automatically copied to the first worksheet & if further items ordered it goes to next row down.... I have attached a few pics of what my sheets look like...
Is this possible?
Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated...

https://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh502/marwood3/Order Sheet_zpstwvrsaov.png
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh502/marwood3/LTK60_zpsqozebbny.png
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh502/marwood3/W-Swivels_zpscboiybi9.png

Re: Help Moving Complete Rows Based On Cell Value In Column D

If this workbook is in your workbook on your computer or system how is the customer making the changes.
(Our customer will have this Excel Workbook on their computer to use each week)
If sheet 12 column D has 20 entered you want this row copied to sheet(1).
(Correct)

But then if customer wants to change 20 to 30 you now want this row copied to sheet(1) and the previous row that was copied over deleted. But you said there is nothing on this row that would identify what sheet it came from.
(No, all it need to do is change the new qty in the row already copied to sheet (1) to reflect the changes made)
your current script automatically does this feature.

I would think if each sheet is for a different customer there would be a customer number some place on that row which would identify what sheet it came from
(The entire workbook is for 1 customer. It all items we own that we can sell to them.)

When you look on sheet(1) row(25) how do you know what customer ordered this item?
(Sheet (1) will be only from 1 customer as mentioned above).

Esentially this entire workbook is one order/quoting system for each customer.
They place there order quantities in Column D as we mentioned & this row is automatically sent to sheet (1). If the customer does not like what they have spent, they will change the quantities around in Column D until they are happy. These quantities changes in Column D on all sheets, will hopefully just automatically change the quantities to the already copied rows in sheet (1) column D with no deleting of rows.
Once the customer has emailed his order to us using the excel workbook, we will print sheet (1) from the workbook sent to for fill there order sent through based on sheet (1)
(which is like a shortcut for all items order throughout each sheet)
. The customer will clear all quantities ordered in column D on all sheets, and hopefully this will delete the this copied row from sheet (1) which will give them a clean sheet (1) in readiness for his next new order to be placed.

I really hope the above help you understand what i am trying to achive....

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

This is beyond my knowledgebase.
I will continue to monitor this thread to see what I can learn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Many thanks for all your help here :) I will continue to utilze your script for now (Many Thanks).
If ayone else has any thought or could help further here would be greatly appreciated...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back