MS Excel table auto-adjusting to Outlook message window

NaiA7521

Hi All,

I would appreciate your help on a conundrum I cannot find an answer to. I assume this is actually so simple that I will be ashamed of having asked it afterwards :)

I have two tables in MS Excel on different spreadsheets (I am currently using 365 version but this is true for each previous version I have worked on). They are formatted identically (merged cells at the top, some conditional formatting - nothing extraoridinary). For the purpose of this exercise they contain exactly the same data.

What bothers me is their behaviour when I paste them into MS Outlook email message - either manual Copy-Paste or using VBA. One table shrinks to fit the email window (although unlike Outlook AutoFit to Window option - the maximum is the size it had in the original Excel when email window is stretched). The second table keeps its original size no matter what - when email shrinks I can only see portion of the table.

Over the years I tried heaps of new workbooks, spreadsheets as well as tables themselves. I tried changing properties, AutoFit, merging and unmerging cells, wrapping text, all possible tricks I can think of using VBA - no matter what I do some tables shrink in Outlook messages, others do not. It bothers me to no end as this is the only thing I cannot figure out in time :)

If anyone has had the same issue and found the answer why tables behave this way - I will be eternaly grateful!

NaiA7521

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back