Multiple AND help, please...

aiki100

Board Regular
Hello All,

I am trying to have a formula evaluate three AND conditions, all of which must be met, or I should get a return of "".

For whatever reason (I think it's me, lol) I can't seem to get this right - been working on it for a while and it must, for sure, be syntax related, and I am just missing it. Any help will be much appreciated, thank you!
<ae1, k0<ae0)),"y","")<="" font=""><ae1, k0<ae0)),"y","")

</ae1,>
</ae1,>
Clearly I will get errors for the first couple of rows, as there is no "zero," row - that is ok, unless there is a more elegant way to handle it...
</ae1,>
<ae1, k0<ae0)),"y","")

</ae1,>
</ae1,>

=IF((AND(AI2="up",K1>AE1, K0>AE0)),"Y","")
<ae1, k0<ae0)),"y","")<="" font="">

Thank you all very much - hope you are having a fine week!
</ae1,>

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Hello All,

I am trying to have a formula evaluate three AND conditions, all of which must be met, or I should get a return of "".

For whatever reason (I think it's me, lol) I can't seem to get this right - been working on it for a while and it must, for sure, be syntax related, and I am just missing it. Any help will be much appreciated, thank you!

</ae1,>
</ae1,>
Clearly I will get errors for the first couple of rows, as there is no "zero," row - that is ok, unless there is a more elegant way to handle it...
</ae1,>
<ae1, k0<ae0)),"y","")

</ae1,>
</ae1,>

=IF((AND(AI2="up",K1>AE1, K0>AE0)),"Y","")
<ae1, k0<ae0)),"y","")<="" font="">

Thank you all very much - hope you are having a fine week!
</ae1,>
=IF(AND(A7="x",B7="x",C7="x")=TRUE,"Y","")
or
=IF(AND(AI2="up",K1>AE1, K0>AE0),"Y","")

I guess it defaults to checking if a value is TRUE or FALSE if no parameter is given.
Another problem is I'm not sure where you get K0 or AE0. The rows start at 1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
=IF(AND(A7="x",B7="x",C7="x")=TRUE,"Y","")

The "=TRUE" portion of that is already implied. It doesn't hurt to add it, but it isn't needed.

The problem is as stated previously... There is no K0 or AE0. It will not work with those cell addresses.

Upvote 0
Hi -

Thank you both for taking a look at this. (Yes, yes, I knew the zero row would throw an error as indicated above...)
Still, I am now getting #name error when I try to slightly modify your excellent responses:

[FONT=&quot]=IF(AND(AI3="up",K3>AE3,K2>AE2),”Y”,””)

Can you think of why that might be the case? Again, I do appreciate your help, thx![/FONT]

Upvote 0
Hi -

Thank you both for taking a look at this. (Yes, yes, I knew the zero row would throw an error as indicated above...)
Still, I am now getting #name error when I try to slightly modify your excellent responses:

=IF(AND(AI3="up",K3>AE3,K2>AE2),”Y”,””)

Can you think of why that might be the case? Again, I do appreciate your help, thx!
Those quotations look strange. Not like the ones around up.

Upvote 0
Yes! That was it exactly, good eye on your part! Bad quotes...The text editor I was using was using smart quote replace - I just migrated to new computer, so settings weren't adjusted yet.

Thanks again to you all, and just for the record, the final output was:

[FONT=&quot]=IF(AND(AI3="up",K3>AE3,K2>AE2),"L",IF(AND(AI3="down",K3<AE3,K2<AE2),"S",""))[/FONT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kokoanutt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back