Multiple crashes of Excel for Mac 2011 with large data sets

mskumar1512

Hello all,

I have a MacBook Pro that is 3 years old that has undergone some physical damage (a few drops). A few months ago, I was working on two Excel worksheets (one had >850 rows and 3 columns and one had >12000 rows and 24 columns) and a Word document (around 60 pages long).

When working with these three files, any type of copy and pasting led both Excel and Word to stop responding and eventually crash multiple times. Once I closed the smaller Excel file and Word document, the bigger Excel file was workable though slow. Is this a common problem with normally running worksheets of this size, especially with multiple files? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Madhu

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hello all,

I have a MacBook Pro that is 3 years old that has undergone some physical damage (a few drops). A few months ago, I was working on two Excel worksheets (one had >850 rows and 3 columns and one had >12000 rows and 24 columns) and a Word document (around 60 pages long).

When working with these three files, any type of copy and pasting led both Excel and Word to stop responding and eventually crash multiple times. Once I closed the smaller Excel file and Word document, the bigger Excel file was workable though slow. Is this a common problem with normally running worksheets of this size, especially with multiple files? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Madhu
Hi, what version is your excel 2011? Latest is 14.4.3
The files you are referring to are no where near 'large'
Are those containing several columns of formulae or are those purely values?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back