1. 2019
  2. 2010
  3. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,
the below is my formula and it works
Code:
=If(and(O84="Unavailable (Tagged Out)",E84=""),"Unavailable",If(and(O84="Unavailable (Tagged Out)",E84="Completed (Repairs completed, <b>Available</b> and safe to use)"),"Available", If(and(O84="Unavailable (Tagged Out)",E84="In-Progress (<b>Unavailable</b>, tagged out and not safe to use)"),"Unavailable", If(and(O84="Available (Not Tagged Out)" ,E84="Completed (Repairs completed, <b>Available</b> and safe to use)"),"Available", If(and(O84="Available (Not Tagged Out)" ,E84="In-Progress (<b>Unavailable</b>, tagged out and not safe to use)"),"Unavailable", If(and(O84="Available (Not Tagged Out)",E84=""),"Available" , "Available"))))))
Although now i need to add another "AND" statement (i think?) in and i cant get it to work. The addition is i need to check the date as well which is in column "G". Basically if the date = today then make it "Unavailable", otherwise continue on with the formula. Is this possible?

thanks for your help
Sam

Hi Eric,
I can say it works perfectly.
I actually copied your formula row by row to confirm what you formula does matches mine. It didn't on a few of the rows, although your formula was correct and not mine.
I think you are correct to shorten the formula to make it easier to follow.

Thank you for your time and patience, I really appreciate it

thanks
Sam

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Sometimes it just takes looking at a problem from another angle. Once you created the table, it was easy enough to find the patterns which made it easy to make a shorter, easier to understand formula.

Glad I could help. :cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gillian McGovern

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back