Multiple tables to fill in one form

Tcurtis

Board Regular
Good Morning! I am trying to keep the number of forms I have down in my database. I have three tables that are exactly the same except for where the product is from. I am not using all of the fields for this printable form, just the ones that the user needs printed out. I plan on having three buttons identifying where the product is from on a chart. Each button will open a form for that product. How can I fill in one form from which ever table the user selects? I know you can use a form to fill in multiple tables but how do you do this in reverse?
Thanks

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
If I understand you correctly, you want your form to display the sum of all three tables and then filter the data.

Why not have just one table with all the data in it. There would need to be a field to say where the product is from. This is the correct way to normalize. If you do this then all you need worry about is the filtering issue.

If you have a sound reason for departing from normalization rules then you can do one of these.

Base your form on a Union Query rather than any single table.
Have the buttons on your chart change the RecordSource to a single table when you load the form.

Base your form on a Union Query rather than any single table.
Have the buttons on your chart change the Filter properties of the form.

HTH

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. I have a union query that will do the job, never thought about that. I had to depart from normalization due to user input from some of the data that is imported.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back