My reference cell is not moving in a sumifs array- it isn't anchored

TanyaPL

(hyperlink to googlesheets version of my Microsoft Excel sheet- as I couldnt figure out how to attach the file!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10S4lg6PyUQC7wZjVp4Oepdnql5v4ii4GR091nm5Jzuw/edit?usp=sharing

Hi all,

I hope somebody can help! I will start with what I am looking for, and then what I have so far!

on the link above- I have 2 sheets. One titled "MRP" and one titled "graph". What I would like is for the values in row 15 of the graph sheet, to be displayed in row 5 of the MRP sheet (highlighted in yellow where the formula would be).

My issue is, that the graph sheet is set by month (cell has a value of 01/05/2018 and so on), and my MRP sheet breaks the month down into weeks. What I require, is - if on the MRP sheet, the dates in row 3 fall within a month(from the graph sheet), then display the figure. I also want to be able to drag this formula from row L in the MRP sheet, to row AF.

The formula I have tried so far beings back the figure in June- but displays the figure for June in all weeks, which isn't right. This is because in the formula, the reference of "N3" doesn't drag along, even without an anchor. the formula is in the MRP sheet linked above, but also below, for reference. (this was in Microsoft Excel)

I have just tried the same formula in googlesheets, and the formula still isn't working, but it seems to be for a different reason
:oops:

=sumifs(Graph!$I$15:$P$15,Graph!$I$14:$P$14,">="&N3,Graph!$I$14:$P$14,"<="&eomonth(N3,0))

This is the only thing stopping me from making big progress at work, so I hope someone would be able to get this formula working! :eek: Or if you could think of an easier way, that would be great.

I have around 200 graphs and around 15 mrp sheets which I will be linking, and the graphs will not always be open, therefore I would need the data to display on the MRP, even with the graph spreadsheet closed.

Hope thsi is possible..:confused:

Thank you in advance! :)

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hello there,

Not sure if this is what you need but if you put this formula
=INDEX(Graph!$E$15:$P$15,MATCH(DATE(YEAR(L3),MONTH(L3),1),Graph!$E$14:$P$14,0))

in L5 of MRP, it may produce the wanted result and it can be dragged to the right. For dragging down I am not sure as I don't know what data you are using from your sample spreadsheet. But not sure if this is what you mean. The hardest thing is to understand exactly what exactly is needed.
Let me know if I understood correctly

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sphere2215

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back