Mysterious Measures

Mikado0906

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to PowerPivot, so this question is probably going to make you laugh. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if someone could help me on this.

I have 2 data tables. One shows the amount of clicks on a website in 5-minute buckets (per day), the other one shows the amount of seconds of TV spots (also in 5-minute buckets per day).

I want to create a pivot table combining these two, making the amount of clicks and the seconds of TV spots comparable (essentially trying to figure out the impact of the TV spots).

I've linked the two datetime columns in the PowerPivot window.

However, when i create a pivot table, using the datetime column of the TV spots as rows (sorry, using German excel, not sure about the 100% translation) and adding clicks and seconds as values, only the seconds are porperly summed up. The clicks are displayed as the overall total of all clicks. Vice-versa if I use the datetime column of the "clicks" table (clicks are properly calculated, minutes shows as overall total).

I KNOW I need to insert a Measure somewhere, but I can't figure out what this measure should calculate in order to display the clicks properly calculated (or the seconds).

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
I can only see that that would happen if you did not have a relationship between the two fields. Does the relationship still appear in Diagram View in the PP window?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panjongshing

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back