need a count of unique dates in same row and specific date range

heidi_meister

is there a way to use:
"find/count unique values" =SUMPRODUCT((K6:AR6<>"")/COUNTIF(K6:AR6,K6:AR6&""))

in combination with:
"find/count dates in range" =COUNTIFS(K6:AR6,">="&$B$3,K6:AR6,"<="&$C$3)

B3 = start date
C3 = end date

For example, my problem is the unique value count (depending on the row) is 10 and the dates in the range is 8 but I need both of these functions combined to show only the unique dates in the set range which might end up being only 3.

There is also random data in some of the cells.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF($K$6:$R$6>=$B$3,IF($K$6:$R$6<=$C$3,$K$6:$R$6)),$K$6:$R$6),1))

Upvote 0
Hello, I tried this formula and it is not counting everything. For example, my first test row has 8 unique dates within the date range and this formula returned 4.

Could you explain Control+shift+enter as that is new to me? Also, does having to do this present any issues when copying the formula to multiple rows. I have approximately 20,000 rows.

Thank you for your help with this.

Upvote 0
Hi heidi_meister

Hope this shall resolve your concern

a) =SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIFS($J$2:$W$2,$J$2:$W$2))

b) =SUM(1/COUNTIFS($J$2:$W$2,$J$2:$W$2)) and press cntrl+ shift + Enter

Upvote 0
Hi heidi_meister

Hope this shall resolve your concern

a) =SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIFS($J$2:$W$2,$J$2:$W$2))

b) =SUM(1/COUNTIFS($J$2:$W$2,$J$2:$W$2)) and press cntrl+ shift + Enter

One addition in case your start date and end date is in different cell pl use the below mentioned

a) =SUMPRODUCT(($J$4:$W$4>=$K$2)*($J$4:$W$4<=$U$2)*(1/COUNTIFS($J$4:$W$4,$J$4:$W$4)))

b) =SUM(($J$4:$W$4>=$K$2)*($J$4:$W$4<=$U$2)*(1/COUNTIFS($J$4:$W$4,$J$4:$W$4))) and press cntrl+ shift + Enter

Upvote 0
Hello, I tried this formula and it is not counting everything. For example, my first test row has 8 unique dates within the date range and this formula returned 4.

Could you explain Control+shift+enter as that is new to me? Also, does having to do this present any issues when copying the formula to multiple rows. I have approximately 20,000 rows.

Thank you for your help with this.

How did you implement the formula? Control+shift+enter means: Press down the control and the shift keys at the same while you hit the enter key. If succeeded correctly, Excel itselft puts a pair of { and } around the formula in recognition.

By the way, this formula is more efficient that other alternatives. See: Performance of Formulas for Unique Count

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin, that is exactly how I implemented the formula and it did put a pair of { and } around the formula in recognition.

Any ideas why it is not counting every date it should?

Upvote 0
Hi Sandie, I tried these two formulas that you suggested

a) =SUMPRODUCT(($J$4:$W$4>=$K$2)*($J$4:$W$4<=$U$2)*(1/COUNTIFS($J$4:$W$4,$J$4:$W$4)))

b) =SUM(($J$4:$W$4>=$K$2)*($J$4:$W$4<=$U$2)*(1/COUNTIFS($J$4:$W$4,$J$4:$W$4))) and press cntrl+ shift + Enter

Both returned #DIV/0! -----do you think this because many of my cells are blank?

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin, that is exactly how I implemented the formula and it did put a pair of { and } around the formula in recognition.

Any ideas why it is not counting every date it should?

Are your dates true dates? Lets test that: What do the following formulas return?

=SUMPRODUCT(--($K$6:$R$6>=$B$3),--($K$6:$R$6<=$C$3))

assuming that B3 and C3 are true dates.

=SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER($K$6:$R$6)+0)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back