Need Excel to Start Up on Blank Worksheet

Hal_MTS

I have been playing around with VBA at work and at home so have been moving my macros back and forth by copying and pasting them directly in my XLSTART folder. Since I've been doing that though, Excel will no longer start on a blank workbook/worksheet when I open the program from the start menu.

I've tried copying a blank workbook into the XLSTART folder, but then that blank workbook will always open when I start Excel no matter what Excel file I'm opening, which is a pain. If I'm opening WorkData.xls I don't need a blank workbook opening at the same time.

Is there a way to get the settings back so that Excel starts on a blank workbook when I open the program from the start menu but won't open a blank workbook if I open another Excel file?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Put your macros in a personal.xlsb file and locate it in the xlstart folder. Then hide the file. Excel will open with that file hidden and you can then open whatever file you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayeshw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back