Need help..thinking maybe bloating?

tx_tso

Hi all. I am new to this forum and hope my first problem is not my last....so to speak :) here is the jist of my problem and i really really look forward to someone being able to help me!

i can add the attachemnts, but i am going to try and "spell" this out as best i can because i am not able to replicate my problem 100% of the time. go figure even though the process remains the same, the results are sometimes different...lol

i started this process a year plus ago and was orgianlly doing it in excel 2003. we have recently moved to 2007 some couple of months ago.

i have a workbook (call it WB1). in this workbook, i have some 20 worksheets (call them WS1-WS20). this file SHOULD only be mabye 100k max but is acutally 400k+. i am ok with this file size as it's only ONE file.

now everyday i run a process against my WB1. my macro takes each worksheet > WS4 and then A) coppies it into a whole NEW workbook and then saves that NEW workbook as it's worksheet's name. So, if i coppied WS7 then the new workbook it created with WS7 would be called WS7.

at anyrate, each NEW workbook it creates also becomes friggin bloated to 400k+. as you can guess, this starts to add up FAST!.

i have tried to right click on one of the WS's in the WB1, copy, put into new workbook and save it manually and i get a file that is either 16k or 400k.

WHAT THE ????!!!:mad: I KNOW the files should be between 10k and 25k but they are now ALL coming out to be 400k+.

part of my vba code that i use to copy/paste is listed below. i created a brand new workbook this year and re-coppied all the data in it to try and get rid of my bloating but alas, same problem.

anyone got any ideas? oh, sorry i am not sure how to seperate the code below so that it looks like code vs a post...

For Each wkSheet In CurWkbook.Worksheets
If wkSheet.Index < 4 Then
'do nothing
Else
shtcnt(1) = (6)

wkSheetName = Trim(wkSheet.Name) 'get name of worksheet
wkSheetName = wkSheetName & " " & dtimestamp 'add date stamp to worksheet name
Set newWkbook = ActiveWorkbook
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

On Error Resume Next
On Error GoTo 0

CurWkbook.Activate
CurWkbook.Worksheets(wkSheet.Name).Copy
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=xpathname & wkSheetName & ".xlsx" ', FileFormat:=51
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.Save
ActiveWorkbook.Close
End If
Next wkSheet

Application.StatusBar = False 'return control to Excel

For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.Activate
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Next ws
Sheets("checks-n-balances").Select
Sheets("checks-n-balances").Range("A1").Select

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
'--------------------------------------------------------------------

There wouldn't happen to be images, shapes, or buttons or anything of that nature in your worksheets, would there? We should be able to generalize your solution just a bit more - are all the sheets the same size or is A1:I1000 simply a large enough size to cover all your data (and then some)?

ξ

um, yeah all the sheets are about the same. the are simple order forms for the most part. A1:I500 would be a better fit but i left room to grow. :)

no images. no graphs. just plain-jane text. there are some bits that are bold and i think there is a 4x3 area that is shaded yellow, but otherwise...pretty basic.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panjongshing

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back