Need Help with an excel formula.

cboissonnault

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an Excel Workbook that has 2 sheets.

The first sheet, is of my Job Details, and the sheet is named 'GBR Job Details' On this sheet, in Column A, is the Job Names, Column T, is the total number of tasks for the job, and Column W, is the Remaining tasks for the job.

The second sheet, is the Production details, and the sheet is named 'GBR Production' On this sheet, in Column A, is the Job Names, and Column F, is the number of tasks completed.

What I am looking for, is to somehow be able to enter in the Job Name and the number of tasks completed in the 'GBR Production' sheet, and back on the 'GBR Job Details' sheet, have it automatically enter in the Remaining tasks for the job based on matching what is entered in the 'GBR Production' sheet in Column A, tasks completed for that job.

Please reach out and ask me if there is any question. I really would like to get this Workbook up and running properly, as it tracks our Jobs and production.

Thank You.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
What I am looking for, is to somehow be able to enter in the Job Name and the number of tasks completed in the 'GBR Production' sheet
To the extent I have understood your problem the above can be achieved through XLOOKUP formula provided Job Names in Both sheets are same. Any discrepancy will lead to error.

Same can be done for Jobs remaining.

What I understand it is a simple lookup problem and with Excel 365 in your hand XLOOKUP can be the best.

Try your hands with it - Check here - XLOOKUP Function. If any problem we are there...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back