Need to add OR statement to Index(SMALL(ROWS formula

amyj22x3

My initial problem was this:

Ihave a coworker that maintains a spreadsheet comprised of several tabs, thefirst is the main and contains all the information about each business partnerwith columns showing their 1st choice wholesaler, 2nd choice, 3rd choice and soon. And then there's a tab for each of the wholesalers listed on the main page.I've been asked to automate each of the wholesaler tabs to automaticallypopulate with the partner name and contact information regardless of what orderthat wholesaler was chosen. The problem with index(match is that it picks upthe first instance of a partner and repeats that name each time that partnershows up with a different wholesaler name.

https://ezgif.com/image-to-datauri/ezgif-2-47b75ef58d.jpg

This formula works for that problem: =IFERROR(INDEX('Raw Data'!$A:$A,SMALL(IF('Raw Data'!$F$6:$G$10=$A$3,ROW('Raw Data'!$F$6:$F$10)),ROWS(A$5:A5))),"")

New problem: One of the wholesalers has 3 names, so each partner can call them by a different name, but we want to collect all under the main name which is ABC. So for this formula to work I have to create several tables for the different names of the same wholesaler. So instead of referencing one cell for each wholesaler, I know need to write the formulas in Column A with and OR statement to look at multiple cells like B1, C1 or D1.

https://ezgif.com/image-to-datauri/ezgif-2-18082a54ef.jpg

Bottom line: I need to edit my formula to make each table look at cells B1, C1, D1 and E1

It all references the same cells: 'Raw Data'!$F$6:$G$10 each time.

I don't think my question is clear.

A1: jon
A2: linda
B1: karen
B2: jon

As jon can occur in A1:A2 as well as B1:B2, I can now say something like when A1:B2 = jon, then do X.

But if jon cannot occur in either A1:A2 or in B1:B2 or in both ranges, I should avoid saying when A1:B2 = jon, do X.

Does this help understand my question of the post #6 ?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back