Need to know how to change the Default Font/Color change when creating a hyperlink within a cell

Mr. Walnuts

Board Regular
Embarrassing,

but I have a report due tomorrow and all I havve remaining is typing the links in the cells.

The range I'm using has the text formatted to Georgia 9.5px (black)...

I do not mind the hyperlinks turning blue, in fact, I expected it; However, the cell sizes do not accommodate calibri 11px as the cells only have a width of 23 (260 pixels).

Does anyone have the procedure for changing the default hyperlink font format (the size, font, color, etc text turn once they become hyperlinks?

Additionally... but less important...
Can anyone tell me how to change that ugly default calibri font Excel went with back to something normal when opening a new workbook?... Something like Navy

Even Less Important: How do you change the default number of worksheets in a new workbook and the default formatting in those workbooks?

If possible, please answer Question #1 first... I'm on a 15 hour deadline

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
For Excel 2007, on the home tab, go to the group Styles and in there, on the 4th column, near the bottom are two selections:

Hyperlink 2 and Followed Hyperlink 2

Right click on whichever one you want and you'll see an option to modify, this should allow you to change to suit your needs

Upvote 0
For the hyperlink, right click on hyperlink, select Format Cells from the menu, select font tab to change font.

To change the number of pages and the default font for new workbooks, select file, options, general. You will see the items you want to change. Must restart excel to take effect.

Upvote 0
Wow, so its not like the older versions where you had to make templates and save them in a specific directory so that every new workbook opened pre-formatted to you specifications?

Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back